The Option Group
The Option Group, LLC provides unique services to families to help them skillfully navigate the healthcare maze to promote longevity and independence. The company is known for its high level of personal care, depth of expertise and immediate response to client and family needs.
Ms. Platt is founder and owner of The Option Group, LLC. Her team conducts comprehensive evaluations, makes recommendations, and develops and implements personalized care plans. In addition, they provide advocacy services and can assist with care in the home or placement in a facility. Ongoing care management ensures that care plans adapt to changing needs and help avoid a crisis. The Option Group is committed to enhancing the quality of life for their clients and families, promoting safety, independence, engagement, and comfort.
Ellen is both a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor and a Certified Professional Geriatric/Aging LifeCare Manager, with over 30 years’ experience in care management and case coordination services to those with catastrophic injury, chronic diseases, and disabilities. She created The Option Group to address similar needs and services specifically for seniors or those with special conditions, to reduce the burden on family caregivers and guardians. Her primary practice focuses on families with aging loved ones, and the wide variety of issues and needs specific to the aging population.
National Certifications: *All certifications are maintained through ongoing continuing ed & professional development *
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, 1993-Present
- Certified Geriatric/Aging LifeCare Manager, 2009-Present
- Certified Case Manager, 2009-Present
- Aging Life Care Association ALCA (Formerly Nat’l Assoc of Professional Geriatric Care Managers – NAPGCM) Mid-Atlantic Chapter of Aging LifeCare Association, past Board Member
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
- Commission for Case Management Certification (CCMC)
- Baltimore County Commission on Disabilities (BCCD), Current Appointment by County Executive
- Life Planning Resource Group (LPR)
- Dementia Care Consortium (DCC)/Alzheimer’s Association
- Baltimore County Provider Council (BCPC)
- Coalition of Geriatric Services (COGS)
- Geriatric Assistance Information Network (GAIN)
- National Age In Place Council (NAIPC)
- Maryland Senior Resource Network (MSRN)
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Entrepreneurship Program